Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Road Trip

I remember reading a newspaper article sometime back in which the author (of the article) had traveled to the actual place where the book, some Rushdie book, that he/she was reading, was set. Remembering this article that I would have thought barely even registered then, left me wondering, if I had the luxury to do such a thing, what would I read? Barely seconds had passed before I came up with two choices - Jack Kerouac's On The Road (which I've not yet read) and Ernesto 'Che' Guevara's The Motorcycle Diaries, the former set across North America and the latter across Latin America. Given such a travel opportunity, I wouldn't want to waste it by not reading a road-trip book. Of course, the cheekier mind might just think about getting a travel guide.

No comments: