Monday, August 08, 2005

The Addict

Bang!!! Bang!!! Splash!!!Vroooom!!!!Splash!!!!Bang!!!! Bang!!!!
At last. After what seemed like an eternity of game-lessness, I finally satiated my negligent,tormented soul by fragging the living daylights out of hundreds of mercenaries in a tropical paradise in pursuit of a sexy female CIA operative. Before you begin to judge me as a psychotic or a maniac, let me just say that this is the theme of a game I've gotten addicted to over the weekend - "FarCry". Interestingly, I had earlier given up on even installing this game on my home computer as its requirements are a bit steep. But, as luck would have it (incidentally, me and Lady Luck don't actually see eye to eye) , I got a copy and thought....what have I got to lose??? Anyway, the game came through seamlessly on my paltry 32-bit PCI-E hungry system ( after a little bit of tweaking here and there) and, boy-oh-boy, it's painfully beautiful - water, surf, sand, foliage, birds, mutated primates, mercenaries, scientists, blood.....My eyes are wet, fingers sore, brain splintered, ears deaf, hair upright, thoughts splashed across every pixel on my monitor..........but I just can't stop myself from dragging my numb legs across the floor, faint halfway through, wake up, vomit incessantly, pull up the chair and finish what I've started-The redemption of mankind..........right now, the normal world looks like a far cry.

5 comments:

Rajesh said...

Hmm.. So when are you getting addicted to wolfenstein 3D.. hehe.. farcry somehow seems way too old now.. have you tried chronicles of the riddick? That is what makes brings my xbox alive these days :-)..

ash said...

Yeah, chronicles of riddick looks awesome on a PC ; but it requires atleast a 9800Pro or a GF 4TI. Sigh!!! If only I had the money. Oh well, atleast there's hope in XBOX360 or the PS3. Those don't require constant upgrades anyway.

Karthik said...

...all this is fine but bewareof this

ash said...

I know dude. My mom almost killed me yesterday after coming across this article in a magazine she was reading. I finally convinced her that it was just bullshit and that gaming actually increases one's reflexes and keeps their mind sharp. He!!!! he!!!! (sneaky old me).

Rajesh said...

Beware of this too!